Thursday, April 30, 2009

Disappointed in the Army

Written October 15, 2007
I have learned the most information about the war from the Soldiers. They do not put the information in the news for everybody to view. They do limit certain information to radio interviews which I have experienced. I had to drive from VA to PA back in July and while I was driving through D.C. I started listening to a boring news conference or something that kept repeating the same story. I’m not sure what caught my attention, but I ended up listening to about an hour of an interview with an Army Veteran who was reporting on the number of Soldiers being discharged for personality disorders. It was upsetting for me to hear about how the Soldiers were being treated after they returned home from war. I ended up doing even more research on the internet when I got to my hotel room that afternoon. I have heard so many stories which are wrong and immoral, I often think about the stories I might write one day when I finish up my enlistment. Oh I forgot, they would never get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment