Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fashion Tragedy - My Hair Cut in Kuwait

Written December 17, 2007
In Kuwait, I experienced uncertainty and anxiety when I went to the salon to get my hair trimmed. Camp Arifjan had a salon that provided services just like a salon in the states. Most of the women that worked in the salons were from the Philippines.

My hair was really long and I needed to get in trimmed. I went to the salon with one of my friends, but I was really nervous and felt a great deal of uncertainty. Even at home, I would always select a hair stylist very carefully because I never wanted them to cut off too much.
As she was beginning to trim my hair, I asked her if she knew how to do layers. She said yes confidently so I felt a little better about the situation. After about five minutes, I noticed that my friend had a scared look on her face. My friend came over and was trying to figure out what she was doing to my hair. Apparently she was just chopping off layers and didn’t really know the proper techniques.

My friend tried to explain more what I wanted, but the stylist didn’t understand. She finally got frustrated and slammed the scissors on the table and walked out. I ended up having to come back the following day to have the head stylist fix my hair. I only wanted about 1 inch trimmed from my hair, but I ended up getting a 4 inch hair cut. It’s a good thing I would be wearing my hair in a bun for the next 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment