Thursday, April 30, 2009

No Smoking

September 27, 2008
Today will make it the first time that I have written two days in a row. On the flight back to California, I made a promise to myself that I would keep writing on a regular basis. I’m not really sure why I haven’t been writing. I just don’t think about it or I think about it after I am already in the middle of doing something else.

There is a reason why I remembered to write today. I realized that today will make it DAY 4 that I have not smoked a cigarette. My smoking habits had increased about a year ago, around the time that I realized my life was all wrong. I have been smoking occasionally ever since high school. I normally had a few cigarettes when I went out for drinks, and sometimes I would quit smoking for months at a time. The last couple of times I came to visit Clee in California, I didn’t even have to try to quit smoking, so I’m not sure why this time was any different. Four days ago, with only one Marlboro light left in my pack, I told myself that it was time to quit. I think about it sometimes, and I try to convince myself that it will be my last pack, but honestly how many last packs has it been so far?

Now, if I could only make that kind of commitment to running and writing, my life might just fall back into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment